Re: Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!! Re: Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES

mikey

I just thought that I’d let you guys know that I took off the drivers door, and put it on a table to repair the “droop”. I mentioned this in a previous post, but wouldn’t tell you how I was going to do it. Well, it’s fixed, and it works great!! The doors are not really a good “fit”, if you know what I mean, but no more droop. I took the door panel off, used my air grinder, and made a couple of access holes. I then drilled a hole through the top hinge into and through the door. Then, I installed a 1/4″ “eye bolt”, (stainless), welded the small slot in the “eye”. Then drilled another hole in the bottom opposite side of the door. I then put another “eye bolt” through with1 1/2″ flat washers on each side, and tightened both “eye bolts”. Next step, I measured, and cut a steel rod, (3/16), bent and welded both pieces in a loop, to the upper and lower “eye bolts”. I then bent and welded the other ends to a 1/4″ turnbuckle. Next step was to adjust all the “free play” out of the system, then put some tension on it. Then, I put the door back on and tried it, and just had to put a little more tension on it, and it’s as close to perfect as I can get it. As soon as I get a little time, I’ll do the passenger door, and fix the window regulator so the window goes up and down. I feel really good about my “back yard” fix!! Hope you all enjoyed my little story, and you can laugh at me all you want!! I can’t hear you!!

………………………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

P.S. When I do the other door, I’ll post some pics of the process.