Re: Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends Re: Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

babycakes
Participant

Don,you hit the nail on the head about Cecil County Dragway! I loved that place to race on a Saturday night also! Don,they never charged 4 of us admission,because of the distance we traveled from Jersey at the time; and besides at that time ‘Willys’ gassers were popular,and there be at least 6 there to run.Tough competition,head to head; to put on a show for the crowd! “Lucky” if you won by inches! I think there motto was ‘traction capitol of the east’. Garlits shows up passing through one Sat. nite,heading for Island Dragway the next day.Told the owner he’d make 2 passes for a ‘grand’. The owner of the track said to Don,unload it! He predicted mid 7’s 198 mph; as promised,a man of his word,and the spectators loved it! Dino has a photo I sent him a while back of our B/G Willys,off the line at Cecil County,back in 64.He’d have to search amongst his stash probably to find it.Don,thanks for the memory of those Chevy small block rev ‘screamers;loved that sound!!! 😮 😀