Big Daddy Recovering from Stroke

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Big Daddy Recovering from Stroke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Gary Smrtic Posted this on FaceBook Friday:

For my racing friends, I found out yesterday that “Big Daddy” Don Garlits suffered a stroke the other day. He had just taken his wife Pat to the hospital, Pat is suffering with Dementia and other issues, and when Don returned home, to clean out the cottage on his property where his longtime friend and crew chief, Tommy TC Lemmons lived, he had the stroke. He and Pat just celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary a couple of days before. I understand Don is recovering, but please keep him and Pat in your prayers. He is and has always been one of my heros. He IS drag racing. It’s a tough time for them right now, and I know none of us get off this world alive, but it’ll be tough for me when he’s gone…

Feb. 23 News Release On It:
        http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/20333-drag-racing-icon-garlits-suffers-mild-stroke

babycakes
        Participant

Wow! ‘Big Daddy’ has always been a ‘mentor’ to all of us in drag racing! A living ‘legend’! Hopefully Don will have a quick recovery.I really feel bad also with the condition of his wife’s illness,I’ve had both friends and relatives suffer the same condition,and it only gets worse,sad to say.

bossguy

Big is also hosting “Billet Proof” car show at his place on March 17. Real nice old school hot rods. I believe admission is still free also. I wish him the best.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.