Re: Moroso and my dad.

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Moroso and my dad. Re: Moroso and my dad.

gcd1962

I recall that you dad’s ’61 caught on fire and when he went to pull open the hood, the handle came off in his hand ! and the fire continued for awhile to burn. Your dad sold the car to Dick for $1,000 (a letter to me stating this is on Rick Moroso’ site). Dick had the car repaired and it’s been in the family ever since. Dick lived at home at the time. His main job at the time was with the US Post Office. He used to do his route so quickly that he went home to work on his car for awhile before “checking” in at the end of the day. He did not have a “room over the garage”. It was only a regular two-car garage. Dick and his brothers (also into cars at the time) were all relegated to a small “TV” room so his mother could keep the grease contained to one area of the house.. I noted the mention of Hank Michen. I went to school with him. At the time the family dealership was on Putnam Ave in Greenwich near the top of the avenue. I understand that the dealership is now close to 100 years old and one of GM’s oldest continuing dealerships.