Who’s Up for a GAMBLERS RACE? Sat. 25

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! Who’s Up for a GAMBLERS RACE? Sat. 25

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

It’s All up to you guys…Got plenty of time…remember ,Dovers time trials only ran for 3 hours (10 am-1 pm). . . . .rember? …and I remember on our big days ,we ran almost 400 cars off. Lets get your thought.Good Idea ? Bad…?

mikey

What type of format? Dial -in, like bracket racing? I thought that was how we were going to race anyway. It does not matter, if I can make it, I’ll race however it is decided. ……………….Mikey 😆

hvy70ss
            Participant

Mikey and All….This will be in addition to Saturdays time trials if enough interest is there. I can set up a separate lane just for the gamblers race. Hey…good practice for Sundays elimination and maybe get a little cash. Lets see what happens.

Bobby Smith

hvy70ss
                Participant

Sorry…yes,dial-in bracket racing.

Bobby

dino
                    Keymaster

For you guys new to this…whoever “enters” (like poker)…puts in the ‘pot ‘ a set amount…10-20-30-?.Winner gets the “pot’ or splits by popular vote win -/runner-up or back ?> many spots.Its a racers choice majority rule race . Now ….some greedy track owners only set ‘pot’ payout at, NOT total collected …they grab “their share” . NOT SO here …Just an extra added atraction,for you Guys. Its Your event with control by our Event officials and track , So with-in reason and if enough interest and time…we can “play” within the Time Trials Day. SUNDAY will be “all Business” Real Racing after quick time trials to let late arrivals ‘set-up’ to track ( probably only Two Tops as we Kick Off Elims Promply at NOON. OH- while on the Saturday subject…Tony says you guys have access to track (Pits) at night for those that “sleepover” in their haulers -motorhomes -campers ,after racing is shut down…..and general Partying -socializing .We All could Find a Common “Destination” to Trash …But have time to figure that out (Hackettown’s Answer to ‘that little bar’ accrosst he tracks in Wingdale)

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Count me in!

dino
                            Keymaster

We’ll have one our “EVENT OFFICIALS” coordinate this…you’ll know them by their cool shirts.

hvy70ss
                                Participant

Congrats to winners and all who ran the gamblers race!!…Looks like about 20 plus cars for first round that day. It was more time shots for all too. While on that subject, the general opinion about a 2 day event was that it was GREAT. I spoke to many that had anywhere from 4, to get this, 12 passes! That’s getting your dollars worth. Thanks to all that made the race ANOTHER great time!

Bobby Smith

dino
                                    Keymaster

Wrong Bobbyeo…30 Cars ! think the entry was 10, and winner got 200 …RU 100.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.