from storm king at the H.A.M.B.

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST from storm king at the H.A.M.B.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Dino, great to see a picture of our car we’ve never seen before after 30+
        years!
        I remember the nut cases waving!
        I gotta story…my brother and I put a set of Ramchargers headers on a
        friends’ (Walt Ballew of Cornwall NY at the time, if anyone here knew or
        knows him) ;63 max wedge three speed stick Plymouth. I think our Dad was
        flat-towing our max wedge to the track that sunday, but don’t remember that
        detail today. Anyway, the Ramchargers’ headers had no flange on them to
        connect them to mufflers, so my brother and I raided the garbage can at home
        and got two empty green giant bean cans, and clamped them on the headers
        with large radiator hose clamps and off to Dover we went. Trouble was, about
        every twenty minutes, the can would burn through; and we’d have open
        headers. So we’d whip into some gas station, buy a can of oil, and in front
        of th egas station guy, dump out the oil, cut out the bottom of the can, and
        clamp it on and off we’d go, leaving them with a very puzzled look on their
        faces. I might add, back then we did literally just dump the oil on the
        ground. The further along we
        got, the less time the cans would last; ended up driving the last twenty
        minutes with open tubes again. That thing was LOUD! (But never as fast as
        our own max wedge!)

dino
        Keymaster

STORM KING hope ya don’t mind us “lifting” this form the HAMB… gives the rest the idea …hey Check in !HUH ! …”dino”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.