1951 anglia,the collector.

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 1951 anglia,the collector.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    the-collector
    Participant

I want to know if anyone out there knows the where abouts of my dads old car.it is a 51 anglia prefect 4 door.his name is bob bowman he ran the car in the mid to late 60s at dover.it was yellow and said the collector on both sides.it can be seen in the pits on the video on the home page.i have good pics of it at the track.he also ran a 55 chevy called the jolly green giant.i have pics of that car too.any info on either of these cars would be great.thanks.frank bowman.

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome on Board Frank…..The Collector …Sure …we have 4200 + photos in our ODF galleries…I’ll pull some out & post for ya.Send your Shots to Me -prints in Mail to scan OR send e-mail scanned at 150-300 dpi. The guys would enjoy.

Attachments:

the-collector
            Participant

Thanks.my dad will be thrilled to see them.

the-collector
                Participant

Dino.thanks so much.these are pics i have never seen before.i am blown away my friend.
                    😎

storm-king

Four door Anglia was a Prefect, wasn’t it?

patina
                        Participant

Very good Stormy go to the head of the class 😆 😆 😆 That was the very first car I ever had when I was 14 I bought one for 30.00 an original stocker had to junk it after my friends pulled a prank on me and I lost my storage. It cost me 15 bucks to have it towed away 🙁

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

Prefect WAS the Four door version…another “Prefect’ Dover stand out about the same period was ” LaRegina’s “lil Ole Whinemaker”

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Hey Dino, having raced an Anglia myself, I’ve got a sweet spot for them ❗ Now when it
                                    comes to a Prefect, I always enjoyed watching this one ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

the-collector
                                    Participant

All this time and no one has any idea where this car is? any leads would be great.i know the car was sold in yonkers in 69 or 70 I believe from my dads shop on rapherty st.i been searching for over 25 years..she is out there somewhere.help me bring her home..thanks.

dino
                                        Keymaster

AH-HA…Yonkers …think we have a ‘few’ in the group from there ! …What was the Shop ?? we’ll get this search started. Might check with Fred Egloff .

the-collector
                                            Participant

the shop was Bowmans auto repair.on Radford st in yonkers..the owner of the car was Bob bowman.i know this car is still out there somewhere…waiting to come home!!!!!!!!

the-collector
                                                Participant

the shop was bowmans auto repair on Radford st.in yonkers.. the car was built by bob bowman, gary qunier and dougie nelson..i don’t think I spelled garys last name right but if you knew him you knew..thanks for the help!!! frank.

yonkersbrad

as a kid, used to see it in a shop on RADFORD STREET in Yonkers across from the fire/police station in gray prime.

the-collector
                                                        Participant

Very cool that you remember seeing it as a kid…wish I could have seen it.was sold before I was born…I hope to find it someday…

patina
                                                            Participant

Just keep looking! I do, I’ve been looking for the “Cali Bros.” Anglia for years and did find a person that knew where it went when sold the first time, then the trail goes cold. My point is while looking you may find someone else’s car and can pass that info along. I’ll look for any old race car and then post that info. Good Luck. On a side note I walked into a restaurant to pick up my order and a guy at the bar yells out to me “I haven’t seen that shirt in a long time” I had my Dover drag strip shirt on, an we talked a minute. Told him about the website and race, got my food and left.

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.