Charleston, R.I. - 1959

SUBMITTED BY FORUM MEMBERS
Maso
King of the Hill

Re: Charleston, R.I. - 1959

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:35 pm

Thank you Jim.

We both lived in Yonkers at the same time but didn't know each other. We both did know Anthony "Tinny" Vistano who ran a 1940 Chevy Gas Coupe at Dover. I wish I could find a picture of it. Tinny and my brother doubledated with their future wives at the Roosevelt Highschool senior prom and they both live in the Denver area now.

Thanx... for the good information on Richard's pictures. People here on this board are interested.
If tonight you want... that long green loot... then don't forget... to pop your chute...! [Burma Shave ]

jimv
Class Winner

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 am

Maso wrote:Thank you Jim.

We both lived in Yonkers at the same time but didn't know each other. We both did know Anthony "Tinny" Vistano who ran a 1940 Chevy Gas Coupe at Dover. I wish I could find a picture of it. Tinny and my brother doubledated with their future wives at the Roosevelt Highschool senior prom and they both live in the Denver area now.

Thanx... for the good information on Richard's pictures. People here on this board are interested.
Didn't "tinny" run a primer 57 chevy convert? I rememebr people saying it was the fastest car in yonkers!1
jimV

Maso
King of the Hill

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:39 pm

jimv wrote:
Maso wrote:Thank you Jim.

Didn't "tinny" run a primer 57 chevy convert? I rememebr people saying it was the fastest car in yonkers!
jimV
Maybe... I didn't know about it. He is a pilot now and flys freight planes. Maybe for Kalitta. but I don't know that.
If tonight you want... that long green loot... then don't forget... to pop your chute...! [Burma Shave ]

Billy Casey
King of the Hill

Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:12 pm

I remember the 57 chevy convertable .... Hilborn Injection , headers were straight pipe out the fenders , totally striped , real raty lookin , but VERY FAST ... use to race Freedomland during the winter . he was going out with a girl that lived on Colonial drive in Yonkers in back of school #28 ... Billy

Maso
King of the Hill

Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Billy Casey wrote:... he was going out with a girl that lived on Colonial drive in Yonkers in back of school #28 ... Billy
Julie...

They have two daughters. Divorced now.

timh
Class Winner

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:03 pm

towed the MODIFERS b/d to R.I. with my 58 chevy impala 283 racer brown 36r, roller cam 4 deuce carbs, stock mufflers, headers were capped.GOT a ticket for too loud pulling out off toll booth on I 95. the sound he heard thru the 365 louvers in the hood, was the 4 rochchesters sucking down some of chets, shell gas. got to the track early,the seagulls were dropping clams from 100 ft. up on the concrete to break them open. first time with 4:56 gear in rail, pulled a 5 ft high wheelie off the line still had the small HEMMI in the rail. i think we ran low 11,s TIM hallock

Return to “ANY OTHER PHOTOS”