Blown Hearse...

SUBMITTED BY FORUM MEMBERS
Maso
King of the Hill

Blown Hearse...

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Dino and Company...

Tell us all you can about this photo:

Is it a repro...? Who owns it. Does it have a W-Block...? Did Dickie Doyle have anything to do with it...? Is the top chopped...?

The exhaust manafold looks wrong, is it a street rod now...?

The origional "Blown Hearse", as everyone here must know was a very well loved crowd pleaser at Dover and at other tracks in the N.E. in it's time.

Tell us all you can.
If tonight you want... that long green loot... then don't forget... to pop your chute...! [Burma Shave ]

DINO
Site Admin

Re: Blown Hearse...

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Ok ...from what I understand ,this is a streetable (Rod) Clone...the original Is still in Doyles posession but in rough shape ...wil investgate further and Report back.
Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
http://carolinasignworks.com
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip
"Attention in the pits and other parts of your body"

Maso
King of the Hill

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 pm

dinotheweirdo wrote:Ok ...from what I understand ,this is a streetable (Rod) Clone...the original Is still in Doyles posession but in rough shape ...wil investgate further and Report back.

HA...!!!

It was in "rough shape" when he was racing with it too...! But everybody loved it, true.

Anyway... they should be congratulated for doing a fine job, looks nice.
If tonight you want... that long green loot... then don't forget... to pop your chute...! [Burma Shave ]

paul j bayarinas

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm

:D it is dickies street car i believe an outlaw body bb chev blown

Maso
King of the Hill

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 pm

paul j bayarinas wrote:it is dickies street car i believe an outlaw body bb chev blown
I wish he would duplicate those short but wide trumpet like outboard headers that Doyle had. He could make up some with caps and an extension underneith to the muffler and tail pipes. That would nail it...!!!

Who owns this car... it's not Doyle is it... some other guy right...? Are you saying that Dick Doyle owns both this and still owns the origional... I am confused.

Is Dickie Doyle still around...? Was he at Marcus Dairy today...?

paul j bayarinas

Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 pm

Maso wrote:
paul j bayarinas wrote:it is dickies street car i believe an outlaw body bb chev blown
I wish he would duplicate those short but wide trumpet like outboard headers that Doyle had. He could make up some with caps and an extension underneith to the muffler and tail pipes. That would nail it...!!!

Who owns this car... it's not Doyle is it... some other guy right...? Are you saying that Dick Doyle owns both this and still owns the origional... I am confused.

Is Dickie Doyle still around...? Was he at Marcus Dairy today...?
:D yes and no this is dickies street car he goes with laurey and the funny car to the races a lot

hearse bill
Eliminator Winner

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:17 pm

This is Dicks Hot Rod....I guess you could call it the Blown Hearse 3......and the 2nd Fiberglass one.....he wrecked the first fiberglass car at the valley in 94...( It was Outlaw performances body number 1)....And I am now in possesion of the steel car.....its pretty rough...but we are getting there....
Just trying to peel man...just trying to peel

Return to “ANY OTHER PHOTOS”