Re: "Bogus’ Dover Decals-T’s/ SEARCH for REAL

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION "Bogus’ Dover Decals-T’s/ SEARCH for REAL Re: "Bogus’ Dover Decals-T’s/ SEARCH for REAL

dino
Keymaster

Always wondered why “some” ’69 Class winners decals Had “69” and some Didn’t ……………….WELL Heres the answer Direct from the supplier -Tony Neri – of then, Neri Advertising ,Bridgeport,Ct….replying to my decal investigation questions (They supplied a number of differant years with the Original design,then Mine, then switched back at the owners request) :

” Dino,I don’t think i have any records going back that far but I do remember one year I was instructed not to put a year on the kill stickers. If my fading memory is correct, it was for the reason that Chet (???) & (what was his partner’s name?) wanted to save money (surprise, surprise) and order a larger number of kill stickers so that they could get a lower price. In order to buy more than they would need in a regular season, they initially got them wiith no year so they could use them for a number of years.
      I only have stickers from 1971 & 1972 and one from 1968 that had the adhesive on the front of the decal for inside application.”