BIG VIDEO TEASER II...Big Video footage

The place to Find or Search
for Former Racers, Crew or
anybody in the" Dover Family"
DINO
Site Admin

BIG VIDEO TEASER II...Big Video footage

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Hey guys... heres : "TEASER II "of the Big Video material. Footage from Video Bob, Andy Kinash and Bobby Schlegal. Last one for awhile...don't want to let all the cats outa the bag...And more footage still coming in . I put on Ian Cubitt's music that is OURS now...Took a differant theme to this one : "going to the track"...Click to see:

here's the link: http://doverdragstrip.com/video/bvteaser2.wmv
Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
http://carolinasignworks.com
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip
"Attention in the pits and other parts of your body"

patina
King of the Hill

Re: BIG VIDEO TEASER II...Big Video footage

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:58 pm

EXCELLENT DINO.

TomBlake
King of the Hill

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Dino....a special thanks to you for the video of the '37 Ford from 1965. That's about the coolest thing since we started checking into the Dover site. COOOOOL.
I know you have been busy and it took a while but it was well worth it. A 44 year old video and we didn't think there were even pictures available.
Glad you got the super new computer.
Thanks again.
Tom

DINO
Site Admin

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:27 am

Sorry for making it so short...we're kind busy at shop so didn't have a lot of time to preview all the footage ...splice and assemble......when we have some of the "story -board" in sequence...we can kind of show an "under-Construction " working Proof Clip ...so you see how its done .
Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
http://carolinasignworks.com
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip
"Attention in the pits and other parts of your body"

Maso
King of the Hill

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:28 pm

TomBlake wrote:Dino....a special thanks to you for the video of the '37 Ford from 1965. That's about the coolest thing since we started checking into the Dover site. COOOOOL.
I know you have been busy and it took a while but it was well worth it. A 44 year old video and we didn't think there were even pictures available.
Glad you got the super new computer.
Thanks again.
Tom
We should try and figure out if the video of the Blake & McWilliams coupe duking it out with Geno Terenzio's Rutabaga ( that's what I always call Studebaker's... sorry...! * ) was taken at the same time as this other still picture. I think maybe it was.

* Rutabaga = Noun: 1; a brassicaceous plant, Brassica napobrassica, having a yellow- or white-fleshed, edible tuber.
2. the edible tuber, a variety of turnip
If tonight you want... that long green loot... then don't forget... to pop your chute...! [Burma Shave ]

VBOB
King of the Hill

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:32 pm

HEY
That day I had my 2 Kodaks with me !!
Multytaskin in the 60's

'V'

Maso
King of the Hill

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:53 pm

video Bob wrote:HEY
Multytaskin in the 60's

'V'
They were both taken with your cameras... 8-)

Okay, good memory. Tom Blake will find that facinating.
Last edited by Maso on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If tonight you want... that long green loot... then don't forget... to pop your chute...! [Burma Shave ]

TomBlake
King of the Hill

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Right Maso, it is fascinating. It's really amazing that so much stuff came out on so many of the Dover Race cars. It is especially amazing that so much came out about out '37 Ford because it was only run late in the 1965 season. When the season was over the running gear, 409 engine and 4 speed trans, went into our A/MSP and that car ran about 3/4 of the 1966 season.
I have a hard time believing these pictures and 8mm are still around, but I love it.

TomBlake
King of the Hill

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:33 pm

video Bob wrote:HEY
Multytaskin in the 60's

'V'
It's no wonder V Bob has so much stuff, two cameras at the same time. Back in the 60's not to many people had 8mm and that must have been the latest technology. The 8mm was like film, they had to be sent out to be developed. Could you imagine if V Bob had a VHS camera?

Maso
King of the Hill

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:37 pm

TomBlake wrote:Right Maso, it is fascinating. It's really amazing that so much stuff came out on so many of the Dover Race cars. It is especially amazing that so much came out about out '37 Ford because it was only run late in the 1965 season. When the season was over the running gear, 409 engine and 4 speed trans, went into our A/MSP and that car ran about 3/4 of the 1966 season.
I have a hard time believing these pictures and 8mm are still around, but I love it.
Yeah... this all started in Novebber when you posted your only picture of it and you thought it was a '39. Then after almost two week of nobody replying to it I did... the next thing you know it's all this...!!! That must have blown you away.

Return to “WHERE ARE THEY NOW ?”