Re: z28 camaro named shaft

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR z28 camaro named shaft Re: z28 camaro named shaft

wizeguy1320
      quote HVY70SS:

Ok….I have a little history about “SHAFT”. Somewhere about ’73 or ’74 the Camaro made its way over to Highland Falls (next to West Point) and was stored outside “Pete’s Texaco” on Main St. The owner then was Jack Galu jr. of Fort Montgomery. He repainted the car calling it “Wacky Jacky” and ran the car many times at Dover, B/G I believe. Jacky was really crazy both on the strip and street, hence the name. I rememember Jacky telling me one time at Dover after launching the 4 speed car, it came down so hard after a wheelstand he almost bit his tongue off!!! I may have a picture of the car if anyone is interested…..

Bobby Smith

Ok Ok,…. I have some interesting stuff on the Shaft Camaro,… Courtesy of my Father,… So, if you look at the picture posted, you might notice something a little OFF about “Shaft” Camaro,.. well thats because the car was approx. 12 inches shorter than a stock 69 Camaro,… don’t hold me to exact specs, but 4 inches were taken out of the front fender, the door and the quarter,… my Dad tells a few funny stories about this car,… 1. it was kicked out of E-Town or Possibly another track because after the car had been kicking other cars ass’s, it lined up with another 69 Camaro,… after the track official couldn’t properly line the 2 cars up, they realized the car had been heavily altered in length,…haha cant make this stuff up lol,…. another story is that it was bought by my dads friend and Street Screamer Bobby Brazee who owned Roe Park Sunoco…My dad said the car hooked so good that they were launching it to test it inside Roe Park Sunoco,…Lifting the front wheels up in doors !