Re: 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone Re: 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone

vindicator
Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey guys…been awhile…bus-zee @ Roush’s (the “luv” slave! 😆 😆 😆 yo’…show me da’ luv ‘eh)and keepin’ my buddies car thing going…he’s got some pretty serious health issues…and @ 73…that’s not good…we really got involved with the T-bolt…for “Willie” Hormorete…he’d been sick a bit…closed his station…was working with Billy Davitt@ the Automobile Shop…JUST FOR ALL THE TIMES HE WAS TRULY THERE FOR ME…he was going to run it @ Summernats’ too…(as mentioned in previous “story”)…just was not feeling well enough that weekend to “shoe” it…we did sell it to a customer in country of Norway…after “Willie’s” death…and a retired American Airlines pilot-Don Whitlow of Virginia brought it “home” some years ago…Randy DeLIisio/SuperStangShop Clyde,NY…restored it to it original 1964 -white deal…Randy is without a doubt…the foremost restoration person/shop for Thunderbolts,AFX Comets/Mustangs…IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD…period! (and one …great guy too!) 😀 😀 :D…when it came “time” for Tommy Caldara to part with his & Nate’s T-bolt (I just put the 2 “boyz” together…kinda’ like “Match”.com ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 as per Hemmings article)…Randy was/is the absolute best person to have it (if it wasn’t Tommy or me…we wuz’ Nate’s very best…real…friends…and I really didn’t have any interest in owning it) the workmanship was always awesome way back when…it’s just plain “stellar” now…a must see…for sure 😀 😀 :D…we had the blown alcohol Mustang funny car too then…and the man that truly made…that all possible…week to week… “Tink” Schafer…really had no interest/time…for the T-Bolt…so that’s the “story”…and I’m sticking to it ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 Drake…it was a mid-70’s updated SS car…tubbed…full cage, etc. all done by Herb McCandless (of Sox & Martin fame)…very trick Carl Holbrook motor…handmade “tin” intake manifold by Ron Ross…”state of the art”…so to speak…for the times! 😀 😀 😀