REMEMBERING BILLY "SPEED" CASEY

DOES'T FIT ANYPLACE ELSE ?... POST IT HERE
see all pages ...Topic might be started already
Frank J. Majauskas
King of the Hill

REMEMBERING BILLY "SPEED" CASEY

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Billy Casey was a Dover icon. He raced at Dover most of the time when he
wasn't at a anational event. We lost Billy 8 years ago. Luckily he was able to attend
the first 2 Dover Nostalgia races held at Island Dragway. He love being with his
race buddies and trading old race stories. Most guys remember Billy with his famous
57 Chevy E/Gas and then his 69 Camaro. He also raced in the Comp classes with a
second and third generation Camaro. He had many NHRA certificates for setting
new records. He probably would have race anything that you put him into :!: :lol: He
helped a lot of racers with their car issues. He even was a crew chief for a couple racers.
Well Billy we miss you, love you and will not forget you :!: ........R.I.P. Friend :!:

Frank... 8-)
Attachments
Casey-57.jpg
Casey-57.jpg (24.3 KiB) Viewed 160 times
billy,super_pumpkin_2.jpg
billy,super_pumpkin_2.jpg (843.5 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Billy's tribute diecast.jpg
Billy's tribute diecast.jpg (215.89 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Billy with the smirk helmet.jpg
Billy with the smirk helmet.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Billy SPEED Casey.jpg
Billy SPEED Casey.jpg (24.97 KiB) Viewed 160 times

DINO
Site Admin

Re: REMEMBERING BILLY "SPEED" CASEY

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks Frank...What A guy and pee in your pants snappy comebacks. Said when they arrested me (Day I got Fired) ..."They Finally got Dino for Drugs'.
Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
http://carolinasignworks.com
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip
"Attention in the pits and other parts of your body"

Babycakes
King of the Hill

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 am

Frank, I can't believe it's been 8 years,since we lost Billy 'SPEED"....WOW!!! One hellava guy, super talented mechanical wise,and a tough driver to beat!!! There's a long line of us that miss him,and were 'greatful' to know him! THANKS for reminding us ODF's.....Pete.

340swinger
Eliminator Winner

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Sometime in the late 60's on a Saturday, a friend and I were walking down the sidewalk in White Plains N.Y., we were on Main st. just beyond the RKO theater. I was talking about Dover, my friend asked me where it was and how to get there ( we were about fourteen at the time. ) I proceeded to give directions and when I got to the intersection in Wingdale where the diner was, I said " you make a right." The guy walking behind us who had apparently over heard all this, tapped me on the shoulder and said " no, you make a left. " I turned around and said oh, you go up to Dover ? Yes he said, " we race the Super Pumpkin. "
I don't know who that was but I sure as hell knew that car, " wow ! fast car " I exclaimed . . . he just smiled.

Great memories !
Bob Hoffman

Frank J. Majauskas
King of the Hill

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks Bob for that story. If that was Billy or a member of his "Super Crew", they certainly
did know the way to Dover Drag Strip. :D

Here's another day that I will never forget. John Shimer (ROXREC) had built the Super Pumpkin VII
tribut car and it was unveiled at the Westerly Marina in R.I. for Billy to see. It was a beautiful day
and we all met in the marina parking lot. A lot of my idols were there like Fred Egloff (FRED'S SPEED
SHOP), Don Kauer, Donnie Carroll, Kevin Dunn, Loyd Reiley and of course Billy. I know that I'm
forgetting people. Anyway, the car was unloaded , fired up and Billy took it for a spin around
the parking lot. We had lunch in the Club House and then we all relaxed on Billy's yacht. After a
great day, we all said goodbye to Billy with hand shakes and hugs. A short time later, Billy passed away.
He was such a cool guy :!:

Frank... 8-)
Attachments
Billy's boat with Dover gang.jpg
Billy's boat with Dover gang.jpg (66.48 KiB) Viewed 119 times
PhonePics 633.jpg
PhonePics 633.jpg (86.03 KiB) Viewed 119 times
PhonePics 613.jpg
PhonePics 613.jpg (81.27 KiB) Viewed 119 times

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”